2.13.2006

Dude, it's just an accident!

Have you heard about the Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shooting a hunting partner? The guy is alive and probably will live over it. Yet the newscasters seem to treat this as some kind of major thing that reflects on Dick Cheyney, the US, etc. That's disgusting. Hunting accidents and sporting accidents (hunting=gun/arrow shooting=sport) happen every day, yet just because it happened to be the vice president involved in it, it gets sprayed all over America and the news as some kind of omen-graffiti. Every time the newscaster talks about it (2 to 3 times an hour, maybe?), I want to call them up and scream at them. Even the newscaster says it, and nobody catches on. It's an accident. It wasn't supposed to happen, but it did. Fix it, forgive it, forget it. These things happen. I don't know how many times I have done something stupid while doing archery. I know at one point, I carried my bow down to the end of the range as I got my arrows, only to be told by my teacher that that is not traditionally done. Though I didn't accidentally shoot anybody, it is just that: an accident. It HAPPENS. DROP IT.

Thank you for putting up with my rant. If I held this in for one minute more, I think I'd explode.

Which wouldn't be publicized on the news because I'm not famous. Honestly—celebrity people have enough life trouble, like everyone else, as it is. Let them have some privacy and LEAVE THEM ALONE. If they want to publicize themselves, fine. But doesn't everyone have something that they don't want the world to know?

Okay, I think I'm really done this time. Off to supper, where hopefully I won't hear about this ACCIDENT on the news again.

1 comment:

  1. How about "The Waffling Waffle?"

    ;-))

    ReplyDelete