6.19.2009

Mom's Present

From my last post, the world now knows that Wednesday was my mom's birthday. My dad and I decided on a joint present, at least in a way. He had the idea and bought the present, and for my part, I baked my mom's cake and offered to set the present up.

I started grinning like mad when the majestic stainless steel and glossy white robotic stork gently set the box wrapped in silk on the doorstep very friendly UPS delivery woman appeared at the door and had me sign for the cardboard box she said was from Apple. That's right—it's a brand new computer; the white MacBook, to be exact.

So, today I will be setting it up. My mom must have thought I was crazy when I called her today at work and asked to make absolutely sure she didn't mind missing the initial setup, her new computer's first startup and first time connecting to the internet, etc. But I already knew I was crazy, so that's ok. She said she doesn't mind.

Mom, I hope you enjoy your new MacBook. You are an amazingly patient person, especially if you can stand the constant appearance of the spinning beach ball on your iBook G3. But hopefully that won't be a problem anymore, or at least not until your '09 MacBook can be considered "vintage."

I love you, Mom! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid I have no idea how much trouble it is to set up a computer, but from what I've heard, you gave me a huge present by doing that. It is beautiful and works better than any computer I've ever used.

    Thanks, too, for the uber-cool screen saver. Never seen anything like that before. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete