10.23.2004

Random Stuff

Well, lets see. First of all, yesterday I accidentally dropped my (student model) violin and the fingerboard broke off. It was a clean break, and my dad was able to fix it, and I have a violin that is about ten times better sounding and, well, I dunno. It feels easier to play.

Another thing. I am a freshman in high school, but I am in the Syphonic Orchestra (advanced) and I am assistant principal second violinist. Out of about 26ish violins, I was the sixth best. I was not expecting that, but hey, I'll take it.

Anywho, I just went to an introductory class for archery. I have my own bow, 25 lbs at full draw, but my arms are too short (*sobs*) for that so I only draw about 20 pounds, give or take a little. The introductory class was a lot of fun, but unfortunately, my infusion site for my insulin pump decided to go bad sometime between when I woke up and when I went to the class, so my blood sugar was about 500 or so the entire time, which affected my vision just enough to the point where I could not aim as well as I would be able to normally. I did hit the bullseye once, though. Pretty good for a newbie, I guess. heh. yeah. We were also using 15 lb bows, which means I was drawing, with my arm length, around 12 lbs. Bleh. Oh well.

Anyway, if I was not shooting sharp pointy objects at a colored circle or trying to bring my blood sugar down, I was playing Dance Dance Revolution all day. Fun, but now my legs hurt.

Anyway, I need to change my infusion site and my hands don't want to type anymore. They have minds of their own, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment