9.13.2005

Long time, no blog

I haven't been writing for a while... anyway, the museum my friend and I went to (Natural History Museum) was pretty cool, except for the evolution theories which are all false. The restaurant gave out pizza slices about a foot long and 7 inches wide rectangular and huge cookies. I don't feel like posting the picture I took of the cookie yet, but whatever.

Anyway, life in my school routine is stressful, especially with the period of crying after I got home from school pretty much all of last week. Why? Last year, we had a REALLY good orchestra teacher. He was funny and kind of like a father figure to most of us. And he moved. Our new teacher was arrogant, self-centered, and she verbally abused both us and our former teacher (something that staff members do NOT do--dissing another teacher is BAD. And she did it.) Thankfully, our concertmaster thought enough to take notes on what the new teacher was talking about. She showed her mother, who is also leader of our orchestra's booster organization (we haven't auditioned for seats yet, but she would probably get concertmaster anyway--she's good.) She and her mom told the 11th grade principal/head of fine arts dept, and the new teacher is now being transferred to another job to explore the other jobs she could take in the school system. Translation of the last phrase: She is being transferred to another job where she will most likely become bored and leave the school system. Anyway, now we have a very nice substitute who played oboe and has/will have (don't remember whether she has it yet or not) a degree in Musical Theater. I almost hope that she would be our new teacher, but the school already has its eyes on someone else. At least the crazy teacher is gone.

I don't like binders. They are huge, and when they are full, they are heavy. I have to carry around binders for Algebra 2 honors, Chemistry honors (kinda boring at the moment, but who knows), AP World History, and English Honors. If I have to carry them all at once, my purse does not fit into my backpack (which, I must add, is probably one of the largest backpacks I have ever seen) and my pencil case is hard to fit in. And the binders will most likely fall apart in the middle of the year like they always do. At least they aren't the kind that are zippable--those tend to make my papers all crumply.

On a good note, I am now the proud owner of two pieces of sheet music--one for Fantasie de Carmen and one for my absolutely favorite song of all time, Introduction et Rondo Cappriccioso, which I am planning to do for my senior solo in a few years (I'm a sophomore). Here's a link to a MIDI recording of Introduction (I don't feel like copypasting or writing it out, so too bad). Click here to go to it. http://www.virtualsheetmusic.com/MIDI/Saint-Saens/Capriccioso/01Introduction_&_Rondo_Capriccioso.mid It is such a beautiful piece. Hopefully I will be able to do it with full orchestra instead of PIANO though... full orchestra sounds... fuller.

Anywho, I probably should finish taking notes on Antigone for English... which reminds me. Over the summer, I saw the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice which has become my favorite movie. I read the book for fun (and it was GOOD) and we're reading it as part of the English curriculum later! I just hope the analysis doesn't mess up my liking the book...and the new version of the movie coming out on Nov. 18 doesn't give the story a bad rep. (No offense meant, but the Mr. Darcy in the 2005 version previews kinda didn't look right for the part. None of the other characters looked right, either.)

And now I must go take notes on Antigone. Bleh.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete