8.17.2005

DRIVING! Is weird

I have just driven around in an elementary school's parking lot for an hour and a half. The first part, my mom was grabbing the wheel every few seconds so that I wouldn't take out a sign or something, which was annoying, but I can understand her concern (teen driving for the first time + THIS IS MY CAR!!! = panic situation every few seconds). I finally got better, learned how to park (not surrounded by cars, shopping carts, and crazy people/drivers, but still), and other driving basics. Funny thing was, that, even coming out of a stop with the accelerator pedal not pressed, the car still moved at 5 MPH. Which is about what I stayed at the entire time. I didn't count how many times we went around the kiss-n-ride loop, but I am guessing it was over 50 times. And I still have no clue how to turn on the wipers, headlights (thank the Lord they're automatic or else I'd have been driving almost blind during the last half hour) or turn signals. Hey, it's an empty parking lot and my first time driving. At least I know which pedal makes the car move.

I'm tired and have a day in Washington D.C. tomorrow with one of my friends, leaving at 9 AM tomorrow. I gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment