12.09.2005

Snow Day!

I got to sleep in today... always a wonderful surprise when my parents don't wake me up until 9:30 AM. And it's one of those snow days that starts with a mediumish amount of snow that can cancel school, yet the plows get out and, within a few hours, get the roads ready for an extra weekend day, equivalent to any Saturday one could go shopping or get a haircut. Actually, my mom and I are planning to do that now. I probably should get dressed before I leave... I don't want to be refused a haircut because I am wearing pajamas (although if I were planning to attempt this, I might bring a camera to preserve the look on the receptionist's face.)

Anyway, its probably best that we are getting out of the house today because the basement-finishing people are doing something that (a) smells really bad, and (b) may trigger my asthma. So I probably should get out of here soon.

Maybe I can convince Mom we should eat lunch out... that happens so rarely that it's kinda fun. (although my mom is a really good cook. We just don't eat out much.)

1 comment: