4.11.2006

Cars, and I'm Going Crazy.

My dad laughed when he saw I had printed out specs and options for a Toyota Solara SLE. I want a red one, but he said to aim a little lower, along with that I won't get my own car for a while. Driving is a lot easier and not as scary. I have had a couple of close shaves, but nothing got hurt or scratched. One wasn't my fault, and one was both the (crazy) driver's fault and mine. But I haven't hit anything and have learned from my mistakes and look forward to being able to go to the bookstore or library or Wendy's whenever I want. Blasting Les Mis the whole way. But until I get my own car, it's a "Hey, Mom/Dad! Can I borrow the car for a couple of hours? I want/need to go to (place)." Or leave a note.

Anyway, my life is getting a lot busier with work on Damn Yankees. On the 20th, I start "Behind the Wheel," where I get to drive for an hour a day and then watch someone else drive for an hour. For seven days. Then I get my Provisional Driver's license, and then soon after a real license. DY performances start on the 19th. On the 20th and 21st, I get to rush from BtheW to DY. And DY call time is 5:30. I arranged it so I can just get there ASAP, but since I had registered for BtheW before the musical rehearsal even started, this provision was offered somewhat begrudgingly. And the DMV is way too crazy to offer to let me reschedule. And on the 22nd, the day of closing night for DY, I audition for a chamber music camp.

Ah, pandemonium. Might I add that I will be housing an exchange student from Germany (maybe 2) starting on the 21st? Fun, yes. Allowing me to keep my sanity? No. Definitely not. But now I'm hungry and food exists in the kitchen. Time for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment