6.11.2007

Blech.

Finals are this week. Today was the last full day of school for me; the rest are days that are about 4 hours and 20 minutes long. I can eat lunch at a reasonable time (i.e. not 10:30 AM, as I have had to do this year because of my lunch period classes) and maybe get to work more than two or three measly hours a week—get some serious filing done. Sweet. I'd rather get paid than sit in class and try not to fall asleep. (I don't usually fall asleep in class, by the way. I do get drowsy, though!)

Anyway, an explanation for the title of this entry: I am using Crest Whitestrips right now. The old ones, because my mom insisted in using up the 30-minutes-twice-a-day-year-old variety before buying me the five-minute-once-a-day-for-a-week kind. Which makes sense, but oh man, these things are annoying. When my mom gets home from work soon, she may be greeted with "Ewwo, Moh! Ow wuuh wuhk?" translation: Hello, Mom! How was work?". Lovely. Typing or handwriting is the only way I can communicate until 5 PM. *looks at clock* And I am afraid to swallow my spit because I'm afraid one or both of the Whitestrips will try to go down my throat as well. (Sorry. That sounds gross to me as well.) And to make matters worse, the gel on the strips tastes bad. I'm not deliberately trying to taste it, but since I put these pieces of plastic in my mouth, I am bound to taste them at least somewhat. I've heard that tastebuds die every seven years and regrow after that. I hope that happens right now and they regrow after I stop using these torture devices stupid teeth-whitening things. I hope this works well, though. I'd love to have non-yellow teeth. But I'm glad these are obsolete. The five-minute variety seems heavenly compared to these. I just hope that those don't leave goop on your teeth after the strips come off like these do!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried the 5 minute strips, compared to the 30 minute variety. Those would be so much better.

    I'm guessing both the 5 and 30 minute strips have the same peroxide goo. I think that's where the funky taste comes from. Oh joy!

    ReplyDelete