8.03.2007

oh SNAP!

I noticed this at work and thought it was hilarious.



I'm trying to learn AutoCAD at my work (I am an assistant to an interior designer who runs her own business). So I was looking at the oh-so-helpful documentation to try to figure out how to draw straight horizontal or vertical lines. I discovered that that feature is a little button that says OSNAP and nearly burst out laughing.

If you do not understand, you probably aren't an American teenager. Don't feel bad. Just ask one for an explanation. Although I don't even really understand why people say "oh snap." I'll post a Wikipedia link.

Clicking here helps one understand the randomness factor I see in this phrase's use (or I just feel like posting a h*r link): http://www.homestarrunner.com/malloween.html

And the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh_snap#.22Oh.2C_snap.21.22

Okay, so some rapper popularized it. And it is used as an expression of disbelief. At the moment, I'm in disbelief that AutoCAD would be this hip five years ago.

Wow. I didn't know this post would be so long. Oh well. Enjoy.

picture is from AutoCAD 2002, by the way

3 comments:

  1. Haaaa! All I have to say is, "Oh SNAP!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Rollin' Waffles??" I just knoticed that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er… Rollin' Waffles is an attempt at a play on words of "Blogroll." I may not keep it. I'm not obsessed with waffles in real life. Why am I basing my blog theme on them?

    ReplyDelete