4.14.2008

Type 1 Diabetes Awareness Day!




Well, today is the much-anticipated Type 1 Diabetes Awareness Day. I won't say much, but I will point you to Kerri's blog and say that I am very happy that she came up with this idea. Also, this flyer is a very good explanation of type 1. For anyone who wants more info, please check it out.

Well, I would type more, but I'm exhausted and have a Calculus test tomorrow. Oh joy. The cause of my exhaustion will have to be blogged about soon. = ) So I'll just say that, if you see a diabetic today, give them a hug. They deserve it; diabetes is unpredictable.  And most diabetics are more than willing to answer questions, so ask them!  (But I'll tell the world right now that no type 1 diabetic is at fault for his or her disease. It isn't caused by eating too much candy or being irresponsible; the immune system just gets a bit crazy and destroyes the beta cells inside the Islets of Langerhans (which are in the pancreas) so that the body can no longer produce insulin. Believe me; if I had control over my immune system, I would not tell it to do that! = ) )

Er…  Studying.  Right.  I think I'll log off now.


1 comment: