11.17.2008

Blacksburg is Beautiful

I love it here at Virginia Tech for so many reasons.  I'm getting an amazing education, there are oodles of opportunities, and there are lots of great people here.  And it's pretty.  I've been acting like a tourist these past few weeks, whipping out my camera every time I passed a pretty tree.  These are a few of my favorite pictures.  

The Newman Library, with trees.  Hokiestone and fall leaves contrast nicely, don't they?

One of my favorite parts about being a Hokie is that the trees get in on the act too.  These trees decided to line up in order of color darkness, and I thought it was cool.  And they're orange and maroon.

 
This is a tree just outside the Architecture Annex, aka the old Blacksburg High School way back when.  

  
Same tree.  It's huge.  

I love how this tree looks, with all of those wispy stems.  And Slusher Tower, the tallest building in the town of Blacksburg, in the background.  I live in Slusher Wing, which is attached but much shorter.  

Who knew I would pass a holly tree?  Just in time for the Christmas season, too! 

Those aren't leaves.  They're berries.  So cool, so strikingly pretty. 

A tree showing off on the Drillfield.  If you squint and look close enough, a bit of Torgerson Bridge is in the back.  

But most of these pictures were taken several days or maybe even a week or two ago.  Most of the leaves are fallen now.  But there is new outdoor eye-candy...
Yep, that's snow.  Taken from my dorm room window.  You can see tracks where people opted to sled (close to midnight, too; these people are snow enthusiasts).  You might even be able to see the snow angels.  

Looks aren't everything, and even if Blacksburg were an ugly town, I would still love Virginia Tech.  But I do appreciate this icing on the cake.  This heaping tower of extremely beautiful icing.

Bad analogy.  Bad.  Sit.  Stay.  

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are stunning! What a beautiful campus! I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself! Thanks for posting the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job of capturing some nice photos L! I really like the second one of the tree just outside the Architecture Annex, looking up from the trunk into the branches.

    I'm also glad that you are enjoying yourself, VT, classes, people, etc. Have a wonderful rest of the week. Turkey Day will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete