5.22.2006

More London

**Comment from later: I'm not going to bother to spell check these entries, so if you see any funny characters or whatever, I may fix them later. I'm exhausted right now. **

Well, that was interesting.

Today was the first of the three concerts of the tour. The concert was great, the solos my mom sang were spectacular, and I became the unofficial photogropher/videographer for the church service and concerts. That was fun; I’m a geek.

I forgot to mention that, on the plane over, the flight attendant asked if I wanted wine. I am not 21 yet. Nor am I in Kansas anymore. Er—America.

The restaurant we were just in had very good food, although from the names of the food you couldn’t tell what the food was, really. But on recommendations from the waiter, we got good food.

A few minutes after we had ordered, a car stopped, a door opened, and a fight started on the street outside. We were on the second floor, so we had a good view. A woman on the street was screaming, and I think most of us were thinking she was being stabbed or something. My mom thinks that someone outside the car taunted someone in the car, and instead of driving on like a smart person, the guy decided to duke it out. I don’t think the girl was hurt, but apparently one of the guys had a bloody face. I didn’t look out the window too much, mainly because of the crowd growing behind me, and the screams and noises and the little of what I saw made me feel sick. Need I mention that this was in one of the more run-down areas? A long walk from our hotel and the church (why that restaurant? It was big enough for our whole group, but why walk a couple of miles just for food and a fight (unplanned fight)?)

Other than that, this has been a rather enlightening experience. Except for the stay-to-your-left traffic, well, I described it to someone asking me what I thought of London as “It’s like New York, just a lot less crowded and with a British accent.” It’s very cold, though. Or at least for me. The people I’ve met are very nice. I like it here, except the different traffic, high prices, and pollution. And the fight, but I’ll stop mentioning that.

I especially love the overabundance of tea.

Oh, by the way, I don’t think I’ll get to see Les Mis. Oh well. Maybe another trip (aka hopefully another trip).

Anyway, it’s almost midnight (here.) I’m tired; I’ve been walking or running camera all day. Good night (or to America on the East Coast, enjoy supper; it’s 7:00ish.)

No comments:

Post a Comment