5.13.2006

We're HERE!!!

Well, we’re in London.

The transatlantic flight was long, and there was hardly any footroom. The food, surprisingly, was very good. Customs took a while, but it worked out. In the line for customs, we saw some brochures for musicals, including Les Mis! There is a slight chance of maybe going to see it on Monday, and I really hope I can. We’ll see what happens.

Anyway, we finally got into the hotel and crashed for about thirty minutes. Then my mom had to go practice for one of the choral performances which we are here for. My mom’s singing; I’m a groupie.

The traffic here goes the opposite way than in America; cars go on the left. The curbs all have instructions on which way to look, like “Look Right,” and then halfway across, “Look Left.” The cars are very different looking. I have seen several very cool-looking ones, and since I can get my liscence soon, now is the time to look. Of course, importing a British car would cause some issues, especially with the driver’s seat being on the left side—and the cost of importing, and the cost of the car.

Anyway, today had a lot of walking. We just ate at a really good Italian restaurant, and I’m stuffed. I got about two hours of sleep on the airplane, so I need to go sleep. I’ll write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment