1.28.2009

Settling In

This is my second week of classes for the semester.  I already feel as if I have been here for a long time, though different things keep reminding me that I'm not actually into a routine yet, such as certain classes not starting until this week or even next week.  (I'm looking at you, Physics lab.)  But that's ok.  For instance, since the start of my physics recitation has been postponed until next week, I plan to take a nap today.  Which will be awesome and much appreciated by my brain, but not too good for me getting used to things.

I'll get used to it eventually.  I am planning to do some things differently this semester, though.  Last semester, I procrastinated.  A lot.  You know those really fun flash games?  I wish I could install selective parental controls on my computers so I could block those, because they are really good at keeping me from doing actual work.  And falling asleep while reading my textbooks is something I want to stop as well.  I probably could use the sleep, but not while I'm trying to learn the fundamentals of engineering, thank you.  And I want to do the whole "get the homework done the day it's assigned" thing.  I've been trying it so far this semester, and it is indeed nice to get things out of the way.

So that is part of my new-semester resolution.  I guess new-year resolution, too, since it is in fact a new year, but since anyone who wanted to do a New-Year's blog post would have done it on, oh, I dunno, New Year's  Day, I'm being different.

Well, I said I would stop procrastinating.  I guess that means that I should actually eat this muffin I bought instead of letting it sit on the table here while I blog.  Oh, the irony!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Chinese New Year!!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ? Thanks!

    Oh, and guess who didn't actually get her nap? =(

    ReplyDelete