5.15.2007

Tag! I'm It!

My cousin Hol tagged me for the following challenge:
"The rules are simple; give five reasons why you like blogging, and tag other bloggers. No tag backs, but be sure to let them know who tagged you."

<announcer guy>So, without further ado, here's Ky with………
Why! Do! You! Blog! *crowd cheers* </announcer guy>

1. You know that feeling you get when you just experienced something amazing, or horrible, or some other extreme emotion? You just want to share it with somebody. Anybody. And I can do that through blogging, especially if I'm the only one home. I could talk to my dog Radar, but it helps if the receiving end of my story actually knows what I'm saying. Though Radar is extremely cute and sweet.

2. For a while, the main reason I was glad I had a blog was so that I could use it as a travel log. I still like using it to record my adventures. I plan to write about my travels this summer, if that's possible (*singing* going to Germany! w00t w00t w00t). Note to those who click on the link: the posts are mostly very long and they are also in reverse order. Read from the bottom.

3. As a high school student, I get an overdose of logical thinking all day. Even in English class—we learn formulas and specific processes with which to read passages, answer questions, and write essays. (Not math. It's more algorithm-ish.) My blog is my creative outlet. I have long considered myself both a left-brained and a right-brained thinker, and so that one side doesn't get overloaded, the other has to be used sometimes. And since blogging doesn't take that long, I can do it more often than I, say, play around in Photoshop Elements or read. Oh man, I wish I could just read books more. Summer is coming, thank goodness. (And AP Literature and Composition next year, but I don't know about that. There's something about overanalyzing literature that makes most books I read for school incredibly uninteresting. Somehow it managed not to ruin Pride and Prejudice, but the other books have largely been slaughtered by analysis packets and sticky notes. And don't get me started on books that are innately boring *coughAcross Five Aprilsmultipletimesinelementaryschoolcough*)

4. It's a nice break. Before I started blogging, I was working on math homework. (What teacher gives homework before an AP exam most of her class is taking? My math teacher. And several other teachers give homework during the AP-testing weeks. Yuk.) After I got frustrated with partially decomposing fractions (the math classroom was too warm for anyone to do anything except try to stay awake, so hopefully my dad remembers how to partially decompose fractions), I came up here to work on my German project and discovered that I had been tagged. Ahh, break from academia. Sweetness.

5. Blogging gives me a connection with the rest of my family. My parents read my blog, and so does Hol (and I'm assuming that her husband J reads it as well). When I fly off to Germany, my only connections home will be Skype and Burnt Waffles. And with my blog, I don't have to worry about accidentally skyping my parents at two in the morning and missing them completely. Okay, so I could write postcards, but this is so much faster. And I don't have to worry about only having two inches to write in. Nor must I worry that the pretty picture postcard I buy in Germany be mangled and stamped so much by the time it reaches my house the picture is indistinguishable from the messy chickenscratch on the other side.

6. ***Extra Credit!*** My handwriting is moderately bad. On the internet, no one can read your handwriting—because they can't see it! So I don't have to worry about handwritten letters to family being illegible.

Anyway, I’m supposed to tag another blogger. Being a shy person, I’m just going to tag my mom, Glee, of Pig Song. Have fun, Mom! (I hope you love blogging!)

1 comment:

  1. Very cool Ky. (Tell me in an email sometime where Ky/Kyrian came from.)

    I can't wait to hear about Germany! Very exciting. I hope to go someday too.

    ReplyDelete