11.10.2005

Well, I haven't posted in a while, but my AP World History homework has, for the moment, lightened up a bit. Thank goodness. Anywho, what's new...

One of my friends who starts writing story after story but never really finishes one has finally finished one. She's a really good writer, but she asked me to edit it, so I pointed out a few typos and a few places where her spell checker messed up and mentioned a few plot holes. Otherwise, the story is excellent. If she has it published and I remember, I'll put a link to one of its sellers so everyone can buy it. Or I might just put the title. We'll see.

Her working on her story has encouraged me to work on mine... so I have added a prolouge with a backstory and a few pages of the main story to my (maybe) future book. I'm not posting any details here so no moochers steal my ideas. I'm only saying that I seem to type with the mood of the story; when I was typing a scene in which the main character was being really stealthy earlier today, I was typing as quietly as possible and barely moving my fingers. During other, more exciting parts, I'm tapping away like crazy. I'm so weird.

Oh, and who could forget the auditions to get into the Senior District Orchestra? I have to audition on Monday (I don't know if I said this elsewhere in my blog, but I play violin). I hope I get in, but I have played the audition excerpts so much in the past few weeks that I am beginning to despise the pieces. So we'll see.

And hopefully I will remember to tell my math teacher that I will not be able to tutor Monday because of that... I kind of forgot that I had auditions on the 14th when I signed up to tutor... = )

And there are live performances of musicals in my future. Actually watching them instead of playing in them. Wow. I get to see Les Misérables for my birthday in December (and get out of school a little early for it... heh) and then, when the school orchestra goes on a trip to New York this spring, there is a really good chance that we will get to see Phantom of the Opera. My two favorite musicals! *does happy dance* Hopefully I won't start singing along with Les Mis...

Anyway, I need sleep. I have German first thing tomorrow morning at school, and we have a new teacher who, no offence meant, but she's really annoying, in my opinion. Although after school I have German tutoring, and my tutor is both a Christian and a friend, as well as being really a very nice person. So at least tutoring is a lot more fun and interesting than German class.

Oh, and I get to go ice skating tomorrow! One of my friends now has a job being one of the people at an ice skating rink who skates around to: a. make sure people don't do stupid things like skate against the flow or chip away at the ice with the blades and b. Help the people who either fell or were knocked down by someone doing something stupid like skating against the flow or by tripping over a pothole in the ice. So I am fairly sure she loves her job, and she asked me to join her at the ice rink tomorrow. Where, supposedly, they have wide skate sizes. Which I need, or else I end up in oversized skates or in skates that are too thin/small and give me blisters. So I might actually walk out of the place not reciting the "Why I never go ice skating" list that usually comprises of 1. no wide-sized skates and 2. I stink at ice skating (mainly because the skates are the wrong size.)

Okay, I'm going to sign off now before I start typing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment