11.16.2005

Yes!

I made it into District orchestra!
I think my score was between 165 and 175, but since I do not have what that number is out of, the number doesn't really mean anything. But hey, I'm in. I think I am going to be a second violin, but that's fine with me...to dispel a common orchestra myth, seconds are just as important as first violins, if not more important. We help create the foundation for the melody, which is usually held by the firsts.

And now I can start practicing music that I'm not absolutely sick of. I will have to play the district pieces at some point in the future to prepare for the District orchestra event (basically 2 days of school, but all orchestra, all the time! except lunch), but maybe I will have learned to like them a little more. At least now I can work on my Suzuki solos (just learning the music in the workbooks, because it's really good music, but I'm not using the Suzuki method. Which is fine with me—it works for some people, but the method my private teacher uses works for me) and my senior solo piece (unless I change my mind in the 2 and 1/2 years until I'm a senior). And my 3-octave scales, which are way cooler than the 2-octave scales they had us practicing for Districts.

Anyway, on Homestarrunner.com, they've finally released a DVD of the Shorts cartoons (except Cheat Commandos). Personally, I want all of the DVDs and a Trogdor hoodie but have none of it. Even though usually you can read the transcripts of audio commentaries and bonus toons at http://www.hrwiki.org, it just isn't the same. You also don't catch the sarcasm in the audio commentaries that way... and you can't watch the bonus emails, and...yeah. But hrwiki still is a great site. It has pretty much anything you'd want to know about Homestarrunner.com, Thoraxcorp, and Videlectrix, and interviews with the creators. It lists all the easter eggs for the toons, which is nice (I had missed the "Dangeresque on Ice" egg before I looked at the transcript for email 125, Rock Opera).

But anyway, I probably should get back to my math homework... this matrix equation doesn't really seem possible to solve in either matrix or 3-variable system of equations form, but the 3 kinds of Chinese food have to have prices, don't they?

I guess it's just as well... I'm not a huge fan of Chinese food anyway.

Drat! The spell checker on this thing still isn't working...

No comments:

Post a Comment