10.22.2008

Brr.

It's cold here.

Except indoors.

Slusher Wing, along with most of the other buildings here, is very good at retaining heat, and that seems to mean that the radiators have to come on in order to make it even hotter.  Right now, the thermostat in my room says it is about 78 degrees F in here.  That is perfectly fine with me, though.  When I'm just sitting around doing stuff and not doing any kind of exercise, I love it.  I always seem to be cold, so it is kind of nice being the perfect temperature for a change.  It gets uncomfortably hot when one of my laptops has been on my lap for a while, or I come in from walking from class outside with a coat on.  But right now, it's perfect.

But my sense of logic says that that makes no sense.  I think it makes perfect sense to say "I would rather be cold, because you can always put on another layer of clothing, whereas when you are hot, there is only so much clothing you can take off and go out in public," but for some reason, I like being on the warm side of room temperature.  Unless it gets up to heatstroke levels and I can't get out of the sun for a long time, I'm quite happy being hot.  (I'll probably alter my opinion when it gets warm again, though!)  Being cold?  I can't stand it.

Oh, and when I download my camera's pictures eventually, maybe I'll remember to post the first frost I've seen this academic year, taken early in the morning sometime this past week.

So, to my lovely parents who will be visiting this weekend:   Bring a coat.

2 comments:

  1. My coat will be with me! Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has gotten chilly here too! I need to put on some socks because my feet have toe-cicles.

    Have a great time this weekend! Give your mom and dad a hug for me. :)

    Thanks for the comment on my office furniture post. FYI - I actually added a couple more photos. Nothing major though.

    I agree, having things neat and organized is something I learned growing up. I've embraced and can appreciate it more now.

    Sometimes I wonder if I'm borderline OCD. ;) Not really "borderline", but I think lots of people have OCD/perfectionist tendencies.

    *Raises arm and flails hand about*
    I know I do a little!

    xox - Hol

    ReplyDelete