10.06.2008

I never thought I'd be so happy to see a non-Mac computer...

I finally got a loaner tablet from the nice people at SoftWare Assistance Triage.  (SWAT.  Silly me, I thought it meant "Student Workers Applying Technology in Elementary school...)  So I can do my homework by hand instead of having to figure out how to type the least squares regression equation or how to do any work I would usually do by hand with a mouse.  Yesterday I discovered a lab that had the software I needed, which was awesome and got me off to a great start.  But they didn't have tablets, so I was stuck trying to either type all my mathematical work or writing with an external mouse.  But now, I have a tablet.  And I will hopefully get mine back soon. I'm so relieved right now--sometimes the way things work out is unbelievably amazing.  God is way awesome! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad things are getting back to "normal" for you. Reminds me of a course or two I had in the art/design lab in college. One class of mine was full, so there weren't any spare computers... when one went down or needed repairs, that person would need to wait until another computer was available for use. Very frustrating, but it happens.

    (They were even Macs, but with so many people using them issues were bound to come up. Improper shut-downs, force quits, glitches, flashing question marks and apple folder icons, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the SWAT team! I'm glad to hear you got a loaner. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete