10.02.2008

My tablet is INSANE!

So.  I am writing this from my Mac (which I love) instead of from my school tablet (which, up until a few hours ago, hasn't been too bad) because… well, you know how the definition of insanity is that you do something over and over and over again just the same way, yet you expect different results?  Yeah.  My tablet is trying to start up.  Over.  And over. And over.  I've changed what settings I can without actually being able to get to the operating system, yet it still hangs at one particular point in startup.  If I try to boot from a CD, it is either a CD that will wipe my hard drive (BAD, since I have taken some important notes since I last backed up my computer) or… it is a CD  that tries to start me up in a version of Knoppix.  A very limited text-only version of Knoppix, I might add.  Open source OS's are cool, but not when I don't know how to use them, and the commands I find for them online don't actually work, or at least not with the version on the CD.

Might I mention that I am spoiled, since my Mac rarely acts up, and if it does, I have the system install CDs which WON'T try to wipe the hard drive and will let me start it up and try to get stuff off the drive before wiping it?  I wish such  things existed for Windoze.  I am sick of being frustrated.  Some things just make sense.

Right after I finish my Vector Geometry test tomorrow, I am so going to one of the Computer help people.  Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment