10.10.2008

Cookies, Hair, and Bruce's Fossa

Today wasn't exactly a norm day.  Even though I usually only have one Friday class (and it gets cancelled every Friday on which we have a take-home quiz, like last Friday), today was different.  Maybe it just felt that way because we were dedicatedly getting classes off, and a large percentage of the campus population was elsewhere.  A friend of mine and I spent the day together.  We went to Crumb and Get It (see last post), which was amazing, even though we didn't do custom cookies.  We split a chocolate-chocolate chip cookie (chocolate dough and chips) and a chocolate-Andes cookie (chocolate dough with Andes mints), which were delicious.  She then showed me the public library, which was pretty cool, and then we did some homework, ate at Hokie Grill, and hung out for a couple hours.  And now I'm back at my dorm room.

Researching hair styles.

I don't know what I want to do with my hair, exactly.  And I have until November to decide, but it's still bugging me.  I want it significantly shorter, that's for sure.  Mid-neck length or so.  Long hair is a hassle, especially since I don't always blow dry my hair.  And even when I do, it frizzes and the front parts start doing their crazy little curvey-wavy thing.  So I guess I should look for a messy hair style.  Or should I get a perm?  How do those work?  And how long do they last?  I'm sick of my hair looking good for only a couple hours at a time…

On a completely unrelated note, I just discovered the name (and the function) of that weird little dip right under your nose and above your lips:  the philtrum, infranasal depression, or Bruce's Fossa.  I've always wondered.  Apparently it allows the lips to make a wider range of expressions than would otherwise be physically possible.  Which is pretty cool.  God thinks of everything, doesn't He?

2 comments:

  1. oh my. A chocolate Andes cookie is something I must try. And SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you don't put your hair up in a pony tail often?

    Keep your eyes open and maybe you'll see someone whose hair you like.

    ReplyDelete