10.26.2008

Dorm Cookin', Part 2

Well, I tried to make the Macaroni and Cheese again, and with much more success.  First tip:  don't try to be fancy and melt little strings of mozzarella string cheese over this macaroni and cheese.  That probably accounted for a bit of the funny taste the first time around.  This time was much better.

And since my last foray into the dorm cooking world, I have acquired a glass bowl from a large superstore entity.  It cost less than four dollars, is pretty sturdy, and is just the right size.  The right size for the macaroni and cheese, you ask?  No, it is the right size so that when the water boils and the foam begins to rise ominously towards the top of the container, I can leave it for a few more seconds.  Last time, I made the macaroni in a one-cup measuring cup, and I'm sure my neighbors wanted to unplug the microwave after hearing "hrrrrrrmmmmm....." (that's the microwave) "Oh, drat!  Not again!"  (that's me) *shunk of opening the microwave door**stirring**shunk of closing the microwave door* *beep* (turning microwave back on) "hrrrrrrrmmmmmmm......" (microwave, again) "Oh, drat, not again!"... I'm sure you can see where this is going.  This time, all was well.  The only mistake was getting barmops at said large superstore entity instead of proper drying towels.  The barmops are good for leaving stuff out to dry on, but they do a halfhearted job of drying the dishes and leave little fuzzy bits behind.  Oh well; I'll know for later.

In other news, I just discovered that the forks I brought (donated by my awesome Mom) can be used on my tablet's trackpad instead of my finger.  (Don't worry; it was clean and the computer and fork are both just fine.)  Not that I'll make a regular practice of that, but it's good to know.  Just in case I have to... use a fork to move my computer's mouse.  How useful.  That should be the method of saving the world in a movie someday... it's pretty epic!

Well, I should get to that German homework I have to do.  I get to write a review of Goodbye, Lenin.

Chef Laura signing off!  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh! I have done that with the microwave, myself!

    Mozzerella in Mac & Cheese? Ewwwww.

    ReplyDelete