9.10.2008

Laura = Backwards Compatible?

Well, I just got back from the Math Empo again. I have a proctored Linear Algebra test I have to take by Monday night, so I figured I would do it tomorrow in the six hours between my Engineering Exploration and my Chem class. So I went tonight to learn to use the only calculator program one can use on proctored Empo tests. It's a funny little program called SlideRule. It's one of those calculators where you can't put in a negative sign before a number--the number must be inputted first, then made negative. Same with square roots and other common functions: number first, then function. I'm so used to my TI-89 Titanium (Dad, you really should get one. They ROCK.) that does things the other way around that I decided to go re-learn how to use simpler technology.

Oh, and this one doesn't do fractions or exact answers; just decimals. *sad*

But on the plus side (no pun intended), the Math Empo is full of iMacs. Which is sweet. It almost makes it fun.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you're learning new things and enjoying them. Have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do well on the test. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete