9.28.2008

Walk!

I just did a Walk to Cure Diabetes today in Roanoke.  It was about an hour away from the VT campus, but it was still a lot of fun and I didn't get too lost (only going to Coldstone afterward...).  It was at the Virginia Museum of Transportation, which was really fun because my tiny team and I wandered around, looking at trains and taking funny photographs balancing on railroad ties and such.  (To be posted eventually, hopefully.)  They also had food, which was very good.  Mmmm... Chick-Fil-A brownies!  I love CFA...

I have to say, after all the research I've been doing about Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring Systems I've done and the blog entries I've read, it felt really good to see so many people show up to support Type 1 Diabetes research.  CGMs may take years to be deemed "medically necessary" and there might not be a cure for a while, but there is support.  And the more support we have, the more it seems possible to live life to the fullest as a diabetic.

Well, even though it was only two miles (and two-and-a-half-ish hours in the car), I'm exhausted.  I should get the rest of my dormwork done and go to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Glad it was successful! Can donations still be sent?

    ReplyDelete