9.19.2008

My First College Fire Drill

Happened at 12:04 AM.  As in, just now.

Thankfully, I was just reading Linear Algebra stuff on the computer.  One of my friends was taking a shower and had to come out in her bathrobe.

Apparently there was another fire drill a week or two ago, but it occurred around 7pm when I was out.  Midnight is a much more reasonable time, no?  More people to drive out of their rooms, more chaos, you know.  Fun times!

In other news, my halogen desk lamp has been deemed unsuitable for living on my desk, according to fire codes.  And since the inspectors apparently had no problem with the boxes I stuck behind our clothes drawers (which are under my roommate's lofted bed with about 2 1/2 feet between them and the wall, perfect for storage), I stuck the now-unmutual desk lamp in one of them.  So... now I need another source of desk light.  I think I'll be hitting Target this weekend.  (Doubly so, since my roommate wants a coffeemaker, and I am not terribly opposed to the idea...)

Anyway.  To the showers, especially since the odds have gone down that I will have to run out in my towel wrap due to a fire drill right in the middle.  *knock on wood*

2 comments:

  1. I remember those middle-of-the-night college fire drills. The best part was watching to see who came out of whos room. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally called it with a previous comment! Heh, the infamous late night drill and someone in a bathrobe/towel.

    Hope you find a new desk lamp, and a nice coffeemaker. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete