9.03.2008

Miscellaneous Ramblings of Someone who Needs Sleep (did I spell miscellaneous correctly?)

I didn't know I could write so much German. For AP essays, all we had to write was 150 words (there was no extra credit for going over) and edit. But for this assignment for class, I've already written 402 words. And I'm not quite done. It has to be a page long, typed, but thankfully the question(s) are pretty open ended. They're about music. Who can't talk about music forever? I'm guessing I've got maybe 80 words left, so that's a good thing.

Anyway, I have an 8am class tomorrow that goes to 9:30, and then I have six hours before Chemistry. Oh, and then an engineering seminar. The College of Engineering went to all the trouble to schedule "Free Time" for us Freshmen on Thursday nights. Not for us to relax, no. For them to have assemblies. There are so many people there, that they wouldn't notice if a person was missing. The way they find out you attended or not? They'll ask questions on the first Engineering Explorations test. Although the presentation last week was interesting. It was about patents and copyright infringement and stuff. And I took notes, thank goodness. Ooh, and did you know that, trade secrets, even though they aren't regulated like patents or trademarks, are still legally protected? I thought that just if the word got out about the super-special recipe of your great-great-great grandmother's donut icing got out, too bad for you. But no, there is legal protection. (Not that I was going to be giving any super-secret recipes away or anything. Though I should post my cheesecake recipe. When I get home. And have time to remember which of about a gillion I've tried that I like. One hint, though: for a cheesecake, make a shortbread crust. It tastes REALLY good, and it's different than people expect.)

Anyway, I should go to bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment